Power2010 Blog// All Entries »
It’s not over30.06.2010 // by Pam Giddy
When we began POWER2010, we were a small group of only a few hundred people.
What we lacked in numbers, we made up for with the strength of our convictions - but the numbers soon followed.
When we asked for ideas for how to change the way we do politics in this country, more than 4,500 submissions came in. Over 100,000 votes were then cast to help decide which five ideas would become the POWER Pledge and form the backbone of our campaign during the election.
In the weeks leading up to polling day almost a million leaflets were delivered across dozens of constituencies, more than 38,000 emails were sent by local people to their PPCs, and hundreds of events took place in towns and cities across Britain.
Every idea submitted, vote cast, letter sent to a PPC, or hustings attended made a difference. Reforming our politics stood at the center of the debate leading up to the General Election, and it was all thanks to your work.
POWER2010 was always meant to come to an end after the election. But we didn't expect to have motivated so many people to get involved, and we don't want this energy to be lost at this crucial moment. We have therefore decided that POWER2010 will merge with Unlock Democracy. This will ensure we can keep the pressure on our new government and build on all that we've accomplished together.
Unlock Democracy, incorporating POWER2010, will be getting in touch in the coming weeks to let you know how you can help.
Thank you, and best wishes,
Recent Posts// All Entries »
- Party Funding Reform - the Price of our Polit... 26.05.2011 // by George Gabriel
- Rally and Purple Light show kick off day of e... 28.09.2010 // by Andy May
- The referendum battle starts now... 09.07.2010 // by Andy May
- Bristol Take Back Parliament says “Yes!... 02.07.2010 // by Andy May
- It’s not over... 30.06.2010 // by Pam Giddy
- Voting reform a piece of cake?... 15.06.2010 // by Guy Aitchison
- Demand No More Lords from the coalition!... 27.05.2010 // by Guy Aitchison
- Time is of the essence... 21.05.2010 // by Pam Giddy
- Let’s Take Back Parliament!... 12.05.2010 // by Guy Aitchison
- Demo for democracy, Saturday May 8th 2pm Traf... 07.05.2010 // by Guy Aitchison
- May - 2011
- September - 2010
- July - 2010
- June - 2010
- May - 2010
- April - 2010
- March - 2010
- February - 2010
- January - 2010
- December - 2009